Thursday, July 12, 2007

More of my family...

I have two brothers who are my life...My oldest brother Premkumar is married to Anjali -Amritas sister - He is one of the greatest pillars of our family -that is what my younger brother keeps saying ..- He is a thriving Textile Manager and as a young lad he used to bring home and show us the various spinning items very nicely cataloqued by him -- the warp and waft of spinning I think..We never made as much money as him -(He was in Nigeria and is now in Canada) - he is the proud owner to two houses in Allahabad ( I cry every day knowing the sacrifices he made).Now he owns a house in Canada..He might not have a Ph.Dbut he deserves two Ph.Ds for what he knows in the Textile world . My younger brother had a B.Tech degree from the one of the top institutes here in INdia theIIT but in Chennai he has had a terrible life - he has a posh rented house (he is only 37 ...the husbands of my cousins here have bought their house only at age 60...In India it is not like US ) and car and all but at a very heavy price.That way you can say my older brother had a much betterlife ...but what could my younger brother have done , my father double pushed him to achieve such a high qualification from a prestigous university as IIT( I heard even Infosys Chairman Mr.Narayan Murthy's son did not make it to that Institute - and he had to go the States- Mr Narayan Murthy's son ) - without the emotional warewithal to sustain something like this - and to top it all his adolescence was screwed up when my father decided to settle inChennai when my brother was only 18 -a young impressionable age ( my father did not have the capacity to think ahead that either my younger brother Anand should have lived in Chennai ( perhaps in a hostel) all his young life , bonded here and raised a family here or he(my father_)should have stayed in Mumbai till my younger brother was 26- 28 married and with child /children and then moved to Chennai . Even now I worry if things will be okay for him- whether his daughters will grow up with a good pleasing life - I worry and worry and worry.That is what we should do worry ( not be anxious though I am that at times) and pray I have a Ph.D certificate but alas no two houses I f you see all my education (ididnt get high marks BTW but knew my subject matter better than most- but in India high marks denotes a culture that must be preserved otherwise they will be smoking ganja I think) it seems a real waste because it never ever achieved the two house status it was meant to ..
Currently I hold a HOD cancer research ATRI positon - but doesnt have the kind of infrastructure one would need such as cancer Institute ,Adyar Chennai where I have contacts and also worked before I taught Cell Biology , Molecular Biology at a Institute called AIMIT where I was HOD of Biotechnology. The reason I did not work in Cancer Institute Adyar ,,,was they did not have a HOD post - the scientific director there was also HOD.I am not really liking my current post of HOD ATRI because it still lacks good infrastructure.But I love my brothers .. and there joy is all I care for. I love my father too ...I have forgiven him for his all wrongs in the past towards his children and hope my brothers will forgive him too. May God be with him now and always

No comments: