Wednesday, July 11, 2007

A account of a BiBle study attended -

I was at the Bible study group the other day and lady maybe middleage or old 55- 70 yrs couldnt really pin it down - like my students sometimes they think I am 35 and sometimes 45 but never 70 ( thank God!) This lady shared that she saw a vision and in that God told her the lady you aint seen nothing yet - maybe angels occassionally and thought it was Me but after your father dies you will see the true glory of God as mentioned by CS Lewis -Then she pasued and said I wonder if he(cs lewis) really saw it - because then He would have been dead( I thought as the scriptures says nobody sees God and lives )- but she continued I can never understand lewis fully( that is true I said of myself not all his books make sense all the time)- some of his books are comforting like the silver chair when I am in a tough situation - surrounded on all sides by abnoxious voices(like me I thought though I cant concentrate on them as I woudhave liked to)- then she said - I thought that would be great(. ya even these people say great- like Indians) - It seems later when she went home she thought I love my father too - would it be worth it. And then after thinking it over somemore , she realized her brother was in tough situation that required her father' presence unless someone else was ready to take that place.Men require their fathers much more than women or girls or ladies she said. So it seems she told GOD you take my life but let my father live - surely after my death I will hopefully see you - face to face or otherwise . But then after sometime it seems God again made it clear to her that inthe community she lived - God could not even gauarentee to her that if her father and brother lived it would be okay for them as He thought the father who in his earlier years was a blessing to the communities but after his retirement because new force of evil that had sprung up in and around him that made him forget all the early years so there would be that possiblity that things would not be as she would want it to be. So then she said she screamed her head off.-- So GODit seems presented her with another scenario of the death of both her parents -- how will that help she asked because he had told here just now that there was noone to take father's place for her brother - well it seems GOD said I will keep you alive after your fatherand mother are gone and you will find that good father fiqure for him who will understand him and his troubles in the community .it seems she thought how is that good father fiqure going to comebut maybe God has his ways.Then during the coffee break, I asked this lady what she had studied and what positon in life she had. So she said she will get to that point in a litte time . She then said in the meeting ,oh she had done a lot of everything ( good works I think) but now it seems she said God had told her you can have a very high position ( so that people will not mock you ) or you can have a lower positon and somehow she could ensure her brother had a good life and also they all made it to heavenThe way she told it we all laughed. .It seens her brother was a believer but despite his high qualification and his good lifein the Lord the evil around brought the devil in him sometimes and even her. We all giggled they way she was saying it - these african women make you laugh and then she said he never wanted to accept he was a believer which it seems according to her only made the church rejoice.What nonsense is she saying I thought t why could not he believe in his heart he was God's child after all the belief in the death and resurrection of Christ depicts his unconditional love to all..But she continued saying that every one requires a community to live in and that her brother had not gained acceptance in his community according to his qualification and experience - so he had to associate with others - then said it was all the father's fault to have wanted such high education and position for his children ( misguided ) because a good life is not just high qualifications or position but a good education and understanding of the community we have come from = Christ's love is always there - but first make a life for yourself = I said what if someone meets with accident ,shouldnt we ensure he has received Christ and gone to heaven. She said we will never know you is in heaven or not We will be surprised to find Gandhi in heaven also- we dont know if in his heart he believed in Christ ... same is true of Vivekannada... She said that she thought she would never make it to the Director level but a Associate positon in slightly better institute would be okay for her or evena Assistant Prof in a top class Inst of good standing because then said she can teach and ensure a good life for her brother.Then she said poor thing that that would be her death - getting only an Assistantposition - but if she was willing to die for her brother - she must live that death each day of her life - All these Malayeeladies came and shook her hands - only they understand ever ones woes. No really , they never have a good conversation with me without any cutting remarks because they think I have a posh accent or something ( wait till they hear Noth Indian 'saccent but North Indian they will love - then they forget what their tears were for or in their thinking I should have had two or three houses because I came from US. But when the American walks (black or white ) oh it is the best thing that happened to them .

No comments: