Wednesday, July 18, 2007

More of the family

Olym Olympic organizers are starting to recruit torch bearers for the spic organizers are starting to recruit torch bearers for the longest relay route in Olympic history. There will be 21,880 torch bearers for the 137,000 km torch relay route.

Jiang Xiaoyu, executive vice president of the official Olympic body, BOCOG, said, ‘There are two ways of becoming a torch bearer. The first one is through recommendations by various organizations and institutions. Another way is an open process in which public recommendations are accepted.Isnt there a third way - of the Govt deciding - ( at least that is how they do it in India- in a truly democratic country thats possible or doable - it can be accomodative to several yardsticks and standards to ascertain who the torchbearers should be)

That set me thinking ofcourse of the now - the real torchbearers among my family . I think they are my two brothers. I am quite grateful that way that my older brother has neither an MA or Ph.D degree but a very good qualification (equivalent to MBBS) in Textile industry or field. He made a lot of money like a physician or lawyer would in a foreign country ( MA or Ph.Ds in biological sciences cant make that much money) He and his wife and kids a have a very good comfortable life in India and Canada because of him- He has supported a lot of people as part of his ministry. While I slaved in the US(yes yes we are called to be slaves in Christ - that one verse I never forget) , he supported so many people in India. I hope they continue to carry the torch he has helped light. Likewise my younger brother despite finding himself in the wrong city 20years ago(due to no fault of his) - came through the furnace with a good job( he has several awards to his credit -He got an ISO award and several others) , a family and children .He takes Bible study or Biblio study as I call it ( whenever he has time ) , lives out his faith in his workplace ,shops around with his wife, drives his daughter to school (he still needs a supportive fellowship group - pray for that or that he should bring up his girls in mumbai. Pray He will apply to IIT Mumbai - that is wife would suggest it to him ) . Like their father, they have had best of both worlds .As for me and the rest of the household we live in the freedom of the now and present- ( when I think of any good times in US dementia or amenasia sets in - why? read the chronicles of the post doc and you will know why)ooohbut I can't help mention I enjoyed the pies ( blueberries esp) ,quiches ,cheesecakes, carrot cakes, sloppy joes,pizzas and hot dogs ..yum yum yummy to the last bite ( it is not the same here - the mushroom here on the pizza is dry dessicated-and the rest of the stuff is not even available - the chocolate chip cookies are too biscuity . But if I start whinning ...I will start missing my good old church friends in US ( here nobody whines unfortunately..everything is either fine or super fine)


No comments: