Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Swamped with grant writing

I am currently swamped with grant writing for scientific projects on breast cancer. Now from half a globe across I can submit grants for funding to different agencies in US - these grants have now become open to foreign institutions and one need not be in US to avail of them. Thanks be to God - now anyone in the world with research affiliations can submit these grants Online !!But it is a lot of writing work and would love to have the support and prayers of fellow christians- professional and nonprofessional !!!

When I was in US nonprofessionals (both christians and otherwise) used to be very much interested in my research work and it was fun to explain it to them in layman's language. Now here in Chennai everybdoy is intereseted in how much money one makes and the pride and prestige - not the value, the usefullness , the joy of doing good work ,etc- so I never get to emote outside of my work sphere which I would love to.

Anyway on a lighter vein.... a joke
The Captain of a sinking ship shouts desperately;"Is there anybody on board who can pray devoutly?" " I can ," answers a passenger. "Wonderful, we're one lifejacket short".

1 comment:

Amrita said...

Hi Janet,
Hope your writing work is coming on well. i need help with the technicalities of my blog. managed to post pictures but they are not coming on the way I 'd like them. I goof up things a lot. Wish you or Anand were nearby to consult...the IT experts.