Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Having a relaxing time




It is siesta time for me now... a week of relaxation and rest.. I finally finished my grant writing ... I am going to see a lot of movies, drink lassi and watermelon juice and visit my aunts and uncles. Also any time soon ,June 18 is the date, my nephew/niece will be born!! I am so excited...i missed being there when my older brother's kids were born...butI am glad I am there when my younger brother's little bundle arrives... When my neighbors grand child was born, my neighbor a retired professor in Tamil tied a huge cloth made hammock from the ceiling and used to rock the little one to sleep singing tamil folk songs. I recommended it to my sister-in-law but she was of the opinion that the kid may get used to it and as she works as teacher, the servant at home may overdo the rocking part ...is rocking a baby to sleep very essential for inculcating a sense of safety and security? let me know

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

I cannot imagine a life without rocking ababy to sleep......of course not all of the time, and I am sure that it is not essential....but it is a very loving thing to do and a baby starved of love and attention like this can tend to be a sad little soul....my opinion